Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Soul Surfer & The Bachelor???

As I was laying in bed the other night unable to sleep, I was thinking about how I could do a blog post all about how I felt after The Bachelor finale. I wanted to list all of my thoughts and opinions about why Brad chose Emily over Chantel, if I really thought it would it last, how pretty both girls looked for their big night on national TV, why I won't be watching next season with Ashley because I find her to be extremely annoying, etc. I know many of my friends wouldn't even care to read about this reality show romance, but I thought it might still be fun to write. Then last night I was fortunate enough to see a sneak peak of movie coming out called Soul Surfer. This movie was not only very entertaining (as is The Bachelor in my own opinion), but also extremely inspirational! (And, although I joke with Mark that I would like to go on The Bachelor if anything ever happened to him, I really do not find it an "inspirational" show.) Anyway, I was truly both surprised and impressed by how great this movie was! When I use the word "inspirational", I do not mean it in a cheesy Touched By An Angel way. It is a true story about Bethany Hamilton, the young surfer who lost her arm in a shark attack. Bethany and her family go through so much in this film, and it is truly heartwarming! I lost count of how many times I cried both sad and happy tears. It is a wonderful story about faith, courage, family, community, and love. It is also a great reminder of God's promise to give us a hope and a future (Jer. 29:11) even when we can't fathom that it's even possible anymore. I am continually amazed at how God can use great tragedies and turn them into beautiful stories. This movie is a great example of that and I highly encourage you to see it! I believe it comes out nationwide on April 8th. Please go show support for this since it is a good, clean, family film (which can be hard to find without bad actors and cheesy lines.) I can honestly say that it was better use of my time than watching "the most dramatic rose ceremony ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment