Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easy, cheap, DELICIOUS recipe for chocolate/peanut butter chip cookies!

I do not claim to be an incredible cook or baker, but I have always been pretty good at following recipes.  The things I make have generally turned out just as they are supposed to, but rarely do I experiment in the kitchen.  This is something I would like to do more of, but have been lacking the time and resources. 
Just recently I was at a friend's house and she made some tasty chocolate chip cookies.  They did not taste like your typical Pillsbury or Tollhouse frozen cookie dough cookies because they were not.  Instead, she used a white (or yellow) cake mix and chocolate chips to make them.  She said it was so simple, and they were really good!

Later that night, I got an idea.  You see, I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate together and thought maybe I should try to create my own "simple" recipe for cookies.  I did it, and they were DELICIOUS!  I told Mark that maybe I should keep it as my own secret recipe (since I don't have any others), but after making them again last night, I realized they are too good not to share.  I do not claim to be Betty Crocker or anything, but here is the yummy (and cheap!) recipe:


CHOCOLATE/PEANUT BUTTER CHIP COOKIES

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a medium sized bowl, combine:

1 box of chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 bag of Reese's peanut butter chips

After it is all mixed, roll the dough into little balls and bake for 9-10 minutes.
(Note: The consistency feels slightly different than regular cookie dough.)

**This recipe makes 3 dozen medium sized cookies.

1 comment:

  1. i didn't know you have a blog! I love it - I'll be following along : )

    ReplyDelete