Friday, September 17, 2010

Where I am at...7 weeks later.


WOW! Stryder was born over 7 weeks ago and I don't know where the time has gone. Obviously it was not spent blogging, as I am way behind. Instead, it has been full of kisses, feedings, naps, kisses, diaper changes, vistors, kisses, swaddlings, sweet bedtime prayers, and many more kisses. :) Seriously, I cannot get enough of kissing his sweet little cheeks! I wonder if Stryder ever gets sick of me kissing him and saying "I love you" over and over again. I just can't help it. These 7 weeks have flown by and I know that time is not slowing down. I feel the need to make sure everyday that he knows his mama loves him. I think he knows now. He has just started smiling and it is adorable!!! It feels like his way of saying I love you back to me. He is also "coo-ing" and making all kinds of other cute noises (as well as some other not so cute noises that sound like they are coming from an adult - if you know what I mean.) This boy is so much fun!

When I was pregnant, people were always asking what I wanted, a boy or girl. I always said that I just wanted a healthy baby (although there were a select few who knew the true desire of my heart.) I felt as though I couldn't really say aloud that I wanted a boy for two reasons. One, if the baby was a girl, she would hear me in the womb and then her whole life she would think she wasn't wanted. (A bit extreme, I know.) Two, if I had a girl and people knew I wanted a boy, they would think I was disappointed and that would just be horrible. But now, I feel the freedom to say to all that I wanted to have a baby boy so badly and always have! It was so amazing to hear the doctor say "It's a boy!" In that moment, I thanked God for granting all of my silly desires. You see, I also really wanted a July birthday. In both of our big extended families, there are no July birthdays. We have every other month covered except that one. So, I was hoping to have the baby early for that reason, and because I love the ruby birthstone. I know, I know - I am a bit crazy. But, I wasn't due until August 8th and so many people told me I would go late since this was my first child. Thankfully, they were wrong. God blessed me with a healthy, gorgeous, July 27th born, baby boy! I am proof that God does listen to our prayers - even the silly ones. :)

1 comment: